The ELF is a solar and pedal hybrid vehicle powered by you and the sun. Produced in Durham, N.C., by Organic Transit, it is a cross between a bicycle and a car. It has three wheels, pedals, a solar panel, an enclosed cab, a carrier in the back and runs on a rechargeable battery. It does not use gasoline.
The company offers three variants:
The ELF body is made from a rugged ABS composite called Trylon that protects you from the elements and helps you stand out in traffic. It now comes standard with a 100 W solar panel, Dynamic Dampening front suspension, EZ Ergonomic sliding seat, and a sturdy deck lid and bulkhead for additional security and cargo capacity. As far as color options are concerned, white is standard while solid colors and Duotones are upgrades.
The ELF 2FR allows multiple passengers to ride along with you, seated on a comfortable padded seat behind the driver’s seat. A separate lockable cargo compartment behind the passenger seat is handy for carrying those extra items, and a CON-Pearl® floor adds safety for your precious cargo, as well as a quieter ride and extra storage. Like the ELF SOLO, the ELF 2FR shares the same rugged body composition, has a 100 W solar panel, and comes in white as standard with other colors available as upgrades.
- The ELF can achieve 20 MPH with electric assist (750 WATT electric motor), and 30 MPH with pedaling.
- ELF can be fully charged in 2.5 hours via a standard electric outlet.
- You can use the power of the Sun to fully recharge the ELF in 7 hours.
- With a total weight of only 160 LBS, the ELF is very light-weight, and easy to manage.
- It has a 350-550 LBS payload, which means it can carry you, and more than a dozen bags of groceries.
- No carbon emissions and complete independence from fossil fuels.
- As of this writing, the ELF SOLO and ELF 2FR both have a price range of $8,895.00 – $9,794.95
Tactical ELF can be used for community policing, events management, corporate and academic campus maintenance, and any situation where you need all-day performance! With heavy payload capabilities, comfort, visibility and more, the Tactical ELF is a great resource. The Tactical ELF is available in both the SOLO and 2FR models. Using electric motor only, it has a range of 45 miles without pedaling, and a top speed of 28MPH.
Source: Organic Transit