The next time you travel, instead of lugging around your heavy suitcase, let your luggage do the work of carrying you around. The Modobag is a revolutionary piece of motorized carry-on luggage that allows you to ride it and makes traveling fun. With 1800 cubic inches of interior stowing capacity, the Modobag can accommodate riders up to 260 lbs.
This innovative product was invented by Chicago entrepreneur and avid traveler Kevin O’Donnell. The idea struck him when he was pulling the kids on his suitcase at the airport, and wondered, “Why can’t we ride our luggage and get to where we’re going faster with less stress?”
He worked together with his motorcyclist friend, Boyd Bruner, to bring to life the vision of making traveling more functional and fun.
The bag can travel up to 6+ miles on a single charge (based on a rider weight of 180lbs). It is lightweight, and can easily convert from motor to pull-behind use. It comes with dual USB charging ports for your electronics and optional GPRS-GSM tracking.
The company claims that their Lithium batteries are compliant with the air travel regulations for the UN, TSA, FAA and IATA and use the latest patented nano-crystal technology.
- Motor – Belt driven, maintenance-free, high torque 150 Watt electric
- Top Speed – 8 mph
- Lightweight Lithium batteries
- Range – Up to 6+ miles (based on 180 lb rider)
- 80% charge in 15 minutes, full charge in 2 hours
- Battery Life – Over 4,000 full charge cycles
- UL approved smart charger
- Dual wheel braking system
- High-performance CNC-machined, sealed-bearing steering column
- Telescoping Aluminum handlebar assembly
- Protected easy-access laptop pocket
- Ergonomically-designed Modobag foot rests
- Extendable towing handle
- Stowing/lift handles (front/rear mounted)
- Side mounted pockets for tablets, phones
- Illuminated dual USB charging ports
- Illuminated power & LED light controls
- Digital battery capacity gauge
- GSM-GPRS real-time tracking
- Proximity Alert
- 22″ Long X 9″ Wide X 14″ Tall
- 1800 cubic inches interior stowing capacity
- Bag weight – 20 lbs
- Max rider weight – 260 lbs
- Custom high-performance Polyurethane wheels
- High-performance sealed bearings throughout
The Modobag aims to change the way the world travels. As of this writing, the bag is available on the company’s website for $1,495. If you miss your next flight, there’s no need to worry: Modobag will keep you occupied in an airport terminal for hours.